Survivorship is so much more than just surviving cancer. It involves living with, through and beyond a cancer diagnosis. The Community Cancer Center is proud to offer dedicated Survivorship services, designed to help you through every step of your survivorship journey, regardless of when or where you were treated.
Helping You Transition to Your New Normal
After treatment, patients may experience changes mentally, physically and in their relationships. Patients may feel uneasy about their health after their diagnosis and treatment. Our Survivorship services bring cancer support and prevention services together in one place to help you transition to your new normal.
Our medical, psychological and social services focus on:
For a full list of support services offered, click here.
Preparing For Your Survivorship Visit
What to bring:
- A photo ID, health insurance identification cards, and prescription benefit cards.
- Medical records Your oncologist’s office may have already taken care of forwarding any records to our office. However, please feel free to call our office prior to your appointment with any questions about medical records you have.
- Medications Please bring a current list of all medications and dosages you are currently taking, including vitamins, supplements, and other over-the-counter medications.
- Allergy information List any allergies you have to medicines, foods, or other items such as latex.
For more information about Survivorship services, call us at (319) 558-4876.
Here are just a few things survivors are saying about our Survivorship services:
“I’m pleased to know the clinic services are available to me for life.”
Request a Survivorship Appointment
Fill out the form below to request a Survivorship appointment and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon!
Survivorship Support Services
Survivorship services at the Nassif Community Cancer Center, including medical, psychological and social services focus on education, prevention, surveillance, intervention and coordination. Continue reading below for more information on the Survivorship support services we provide.
Cook Cancer Wellness Program
Provides physical, nutritional and psychosocial support. A focus is on:
- Family & Individual Counseling
- Group & Individual Exercise Programs
- One-On-One or Group Nutritional Education
- Spiritual Support
- Caregiver Support & Resources
- Complementary Services Such as Reiki, Massage, Mind / Body Skills Workshop
- Financial Resources
Body Image & Sexuality
Our certified sex therapists are available to cancer survivors and their significant others.
A licensed counselor can assess and counsel you and your support team for psychological, sexuality or social concerns.
Our massage therapist specializes in massage for cancer survivors, including lymph massage.
Palliative Care Services
We’ll help you and your family make decisions that match your goals with the best possible care for ongoing medical conditions.
Learn about the foods that help manage symptoms, weight and your risk for developing cancer in the future.
Receive support and counseling from a member of the faith community.
Cancer Risk Assessment Services
We’ll gather genetic information about you and your family to determine your risk for developing specific cancers.
Tobacco Cessation Program
Receive individualized medication counseling and behavioral support to quit smoking.
This free six-week workshop is designed to help you make the transition from active treatment to life after treatment.