Helping You Transition to Your New Normal
Our medical, psychological and social services focus on:
Preparing For Your First Clinic Visit
What to bring:
- A photo ID, health insurance identification cards, and prescription benefit cards.
- Medical records Your oncologist’s office may have already taken care of forwarding any records to our office. However, please feel free to call our office prior to your appointment with any questions about medical records you have.
- Medications Please bring a current list of all medications and dosages you are currently taking, including vitamins, supplements, and other over-the-counter medications.
- Allergy information List any allergies you have to medicines, foods, or other items such as latex.
For more information, contact the Survivorship Clinic at (319) 558-4876.
Here are just a few things survivors are saying about the Heather and the Survivorship Clinic
“I’m pleased to know the clinic services are available to me for life.”
Hear From Our Experts
More information on the support services we provide at the Survivorship Clinic. VIEW SERVICES
View all the latest survivorship news and resources.
Request an appointment at our Survivorship Clinic. REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Request a Survivorship Appointment
Fill out the form below to request an appointment at our Survivorship Clinic and a member of our team will be in touch with you soon!
Survivorship Clinic Support Services
At the Survivorship Clinic at the Helen G. Nassif Community Cancer Center, our medical, psychological and social services focus on education, prevention, surveillance, intervention and coordination. Continue reading below for more information on the support services we provide at the Survivorship Clinic.
Cook Cancer Wellness Program
Provides physical, nutritional and psychosocial support. A focus is on:
- Family & Individual Counseling
- Group & Individual Exercise Programs
- One-On-One or Group Nutritional Education
- Spiritual Support
- Caregiver Support & Resources
- Complementary Services Such as Reiki, Massage, Mind / Body Skills Workshop
- Financial Resources
Body Image & Sexuality
Our certified sex therapists are available to cancer survivors and their significant others.
A licensed counselor can assess and counsel you and your support team for psychological, sexuality or social concerns.
Our massage therapist specializes in massage for cancer survivors, including lymph massage.
Palliative Care Services
We’ll help you and your family make decisions that match your goals with the best possible care for ongoing medical conditions.
Learn about the foods that help manage symptoms, weight and your risk for developing cancer in the future.
Receive support and counseling from a member of the faith community.
Cancer Risk Assessment Services
We’ll gather genetic information about you and your family to determine your risk for developing specific cancers.
Tobacco Cessation Program
Receive individualized medication counseling and behavioral support to quit smoking.
This free six-week workshop is designed to help you make the transition from active treatment to life after treatment.