This classic French soup is perfect for fall. It’s full of super healthy ingredients and tastes delicious too!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Calories: 99 kcal
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion peeled and chopped
- 2 cups butternut squash peeled, seeded, and chopped into 1-inch cubes (from a 3-pound squash)
- 1 large apple peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium turnip peeled and chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Herbes de Provence*
- Salt and pepper
- Add oil to a Dutch oven or large pot and bring to medium heat. Add the onion, butternut squash, apples, turnip and garlic. Stir until soft and slightly brown, about 15 minutes. Then add the vegetable broth. Stir in the Herbes de Provence or Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes or until ingredients are soft
- Using a blender or immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. Add extra salt and pepper to taste.
*Herbes de Provence is a blend of several dried herbs, and can be found at most grocery stores in the spice section.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 99kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 749mg | Potassium: 431mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 7870iu | Vitamin C: 21.3mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2.1mg