Make these fajitas with chicken, shrimp, or mushrooms! Serve over greens or tucked into warm tortillas. Roast on a sheet pan or sauté in a skillet.
PREP TIME 15minutes mins
COOK TIME 20minutes mins.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast or 8 portabella mushroom caps, cleaned + sliced.
- 1 large red onion sliced.
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced.
- 1 large green bell pepper sliced.
- Toppings for serving tortilla, salsa, sour cream, shredded cheese, lime wedges.
- In a resealable plastic bag or large bowl combine cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- Cut the chicken (or mushrooms) into strips and place in the bag/bowl along with onion and bell peppers. Shake or toss to coat in the spices.
- Skillet Method:
Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place fajita mixture in the skillet and sauté until vegetables are tender and/or chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉
- Sheet Pan Method:
Preheat oven to 425℉. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and then parchment paper. Spread the fajita mixture onto the sheet pan. Place in the oven and cook about 20 mins or until mushrooms are tender or chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165℉.
Serving: 1cup (chicken fajitas) Calories: 186kcal: Carbohydrates: 4g: Protein: 31g: Fat: 5g: Saturated Fat: 1g: Fiber: 0g: Sugar: 2g