Enjoy a drink that is high protein and high calorie and tastes great!
Yield: 1 quart (4 cups)
Serving Size: 1 cup
210 + flavoring calories (if used)
- 1 quart (4 cups) whole milk
- 1 cup nonfat instant dry milk
- Pour liquid milk into a deep bowl or pitcher
- Add dry milk powder. Beat until dissolved.
- Chill and serve cold.
- Substitute this in recipes that call for milk.
- Great in pudding, milkshakes, cream soups, mashed potatoes, or casseroles.
- Mix with “Instant Breakfast” for 340 calories and 21 grams of protein.
Super Milk Flavoring Ideas:
- Chocolate or strawberry drink mix (Ovaltine, Quik, etc.)
- Maple syrup or honey (pasteurized)
- Ice cream toppings
- Liquid baking extracts and flavorings: vanilla, almond, banana, orange, root beer etc.
- Flavored water enhancer (MiO): orange, sweet tea, orange vanilla, berry flavors, etc.
- Flavored syrups (like for snow cones).
- Flavored gelatin powder or instant pudding
- Fresh fruits
Tips for Flavoring Success:
- Begin with only small amounts of flavoring. Too much flavoring will taste bitter.
- Most of these products are available in larger grocery stores or year round online.
- Storage: flavorings evaporate quickly. Keep them sealed tightly and away from Heat.
- Extracts and flavorings will need to be sweetened. The sweetness in these products can be adjusted for taste.
- Other flavorings listed above are already sweetened.
- Many cancer treatments alter taste perception and affect flavor preferences.