Rasa Buntinas, MD, is a physician at PCI Hematology and Oncology and is a practicing physician at the Community Cancer Center.
She graduated from medical school at Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, and completed her residency in Internal Medicine at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Dr. Buntinas is board certified in Medical Oncology by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
When asked what her provider philosophy is, Dr. Buntinas said, “A caring, compassionate, thorough, informative, patient-centered, individualized and evidence-based approach.” She joined Physicians’ Clinic of Iowa in 2005. She chose PCI because it “Provides a coordinated approach to delivering high quality care and focuses on continuous quality and care improvement.”
In her free time Dr. Buntinas enjoys spending time with family and running.
- BA – Loyola University Chicago, Chicago, IL
- MD – Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Fellowship in Hematology & Medical Oncology, University of Iowa Hospital & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- Medical Oncology, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- American Medical Association
- American Medical Women’s Association Award Recipient
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- Linn County Medical Society
- Dr. Buntinas and all providers at PCI Hematology and Oncology are part of our National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) accreditation, and our Commission on Cancer (CoC) accreditation.