Yield: 6 servings ingredients
- 5 honey crisp apples, peeled and sliced (cores removed)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (divided)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Toss apples with 2 Tbsp. each brown sugar and coconut oil. Add them to an oiled cast iron skillet.
- In a small bowl, mixed the oats, walnuts, flax, flour, cinnamon and salt. Then add the remaining brown sugar and coconut oil and mix until well-combined (it’s easiest to use your hands for this step!). You want a crumbly but moist mixture.
- Spread the crumble mixture evenly over the top of the apples. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbly and browned on the top. Let rest for at least 10 minutes before serving.