These are a high fiber version of pancakes are fluffy and delightful.
One could also add in any leftover overripe bananas (just mash and add to batter) for a great fiber and flavor twist. Note that the bananas will make the pancakes brown more quickly so lower the burner temperature and watch them carefully.
Servings: 3 Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 Pancake
3.4 g per serving
- 1/2 cup milk (or any type of juice)
- 1/2 cup bran (oat or wheat)
- 1/2 cup Whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- dash of salt
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat heavy frying pan or griddle.
- Mix the milk and bran together and let stand for 10 min.
- Whisk in the egg, then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Coat pan with pam or other non-stick spray (alternately dip paper towel into oil and wipe pan with the oily towel). Make the pancakes approximately 4 inches; fry on one side till bubbly on top then flip over and cook till golden brown.
- Enjoy with pancake syrup or jam!
Submitted by: KITTIEWITCH -Spark people