This apple cheddar panini sandwich is a twist on the classic grilled cheese and makes the perfect lunch for a Fall day.
- 1/4 apple, sliced thin (I used Cortland or Granny Smith)
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- cinnamon, to taste
- Cut apple into thin slices.
- Top both slices of bread with cheese, and top one slices with apple slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, and top with other slice of bread.
- Grill in panini press, or in a skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat until golden brown on each side 2-3 minutes.
- If cooking in skillet, use a heavy pan like cast iron or weigh down another skillet with large cans to press sandwich.
- Author: Emily Cooper, RDN