Cranberry chicken salad features chicken breast, pears, grapes, dried cranberries, celery, pecans and green onion tossed in a maple balsamic yogurt dressing that is loaded with flavor.
- Author: Julie Andrews
- Total Time: 10-15 mins
- Yield: Serves 6
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or spicy brown mustard
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ½-1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast (from about 1 pound raw)
- 1 medium pear, skins on, diced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved or quartered
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 2 medium stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 medium green onions, trimmed and sliced
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, salt and black pepper until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Fold in the cooked chicken, pear, grapes, cranberries, celery, pecans and green onion until combined with the dressing.
- Serve immediately or let chill in the refrigerator. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Serving Tips: Serve the chicken salad as-is, in lettuce cups, on whole grain bread or with whole grain crackers.
Cooking Tip: Be sure to cook the chicken in advance. It can be sautéed in a hot, oiled skillet on the stove or roasted in the oven. Be sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees and is fully cooled before adding it to the salad.
- Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- Calories: 320, Sodium: 262mg, Fat: 15, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 4g, Protein: 26g