- 4 (3-inch) portabella mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 focaccia rolls, split in half
- 4 tablespoons soft spreadable herb-seasoned cheese such as Boursin (available in the fine cheese section of Walmart or Hy-Vee)
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers, drained (from a 12-ounce jar)
- Heat grill pan over medium heat. Brush portabellas with olive oil. Grill until tender, about 3 minutes per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon herb-seasoned spread on each focaccia roll. Place 1 grilled portabella mushroom, 1 slice mozzerella cheese and ¼ of the roasted red peppers inside each roll. Serve immediately.
Recipe provided by Judy Barbe, R.D., and author of Your 6-Week Guide to Live Best, Simple Solutions for Fresh Food & Well-Being.