Healthy no bake cherry chocolate snack bars are made from real ingredients – like oats, almonds, cocoa powder and fresh cherries – and have no added sugar. They taste like brownies, but in a nutritious, portable snack. (gluten-free, vegan)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 8 bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup pitted dates
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 1 ½ tbsp cocoa powder (I like dark cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- Add oats, dates, and almonds to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add cherries, cocoa powder, flaxseed, and salt. Pulse until well blended and the dough starts to gather in a loose ball. Stop to scrape down the sides with a spatula as needed.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch square parchment-lined dish. Refrigerate until bars are chilled and hardened.
- Lift out the parchment to remove the now firm mixture from the dish and cut into 8 bars.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Use wet hands to press the mixture into the pan to prevent it from sticking to you.
- If you’d rather, you can form the ‘dough’ into balls instead of bars.
- Use certified gluten-free oats, if necessary.
- Chia seeds may be used in place of flaxseeds.
187 cal, 27 gm Carb, Protein 5 gm, Fat 7.6 gm, Sodium 74 mg