Fall harvest oatmeal cookies with cranberries, dried apricots, walnuts, white chocolate and warm fall spices are a delicious and easy fall dessert than can easily be made gluten-free without any specialty flours.
About 18 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup white whole wheat flour or oat flour (see notes)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl with a hand mixer, cream butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add flour or oat flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and baking soda. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in whole oats, white chips, apricots, cranberries and walnuts. Place dough in the refrigerator to chill while you preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Using a medium scoop (3 tablespoons), scoop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat. Gently press down to flatten the dough slightly.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until golden. The cookies may not appear completely set when they’re done. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
- Gluten-free: To make these cookies gluten-free, use oat flour in place of wheat flour. To make oat flour, simply grind oats in a food processor or blender until the resemble flour. Measure 1 1/4 cups after grinding. It will take about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups whole oats. If necessary, be sure your oats are certified gluten-free.
- The dough can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Add 1-2 minutes to the baking time if you’re baking chilled dough.
- I’ve made these several times without baking soda, so if you don’t have any, just leave it out and they’ll be just fine!
- Try pecans in place of walnuts, or leave out the nuts altogether if you’d like.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Find it online: https://livelytable.com/harvest-oatmeal-cookies/