Embrace the cool weather with cozy fall meals, sides, drinks and desserts. This comfort food will become your go-to weeknight recipes. Try evaporated skim milk as a low fat replacement for heavy cream.
This hearty dish will warm you from the inside out. Sneak in good-for-you kale into this savory pasta dish.
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 large bunch kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Pepper & salt to taste
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente; drain. In large skillet, cook sausage over medium-low until browned, about 7 minutes.
- Drain off extra fat.
- Add 1/2 cup water and evaporated milk; simmer until reduced by half, about 7 minutes.
- Add kale; toss until wilted. Remove from heat; toss with pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
Author: Rachael Ray