Quinoa and Leek Patties : a great recipe suitable for vegetarians because it contains no animal products beside eggs. Quinoa is a cereal rich in iron, magnesium and vegetable protein, which is an excellent substitute for meat.
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 40 min
- 4 cup quinoa
- 3 leeks
- 2 carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 sprigs parsley
- Salt, pepper
- Rinse quinoa under cold running water. Cook in a pot of boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and finely chop the leeks. Peel and grate carrots. Wash, pat dry, and chop the parsley thinly.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the leeks and carrots for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine quinoa, carrots, leeks, eggs and parsley. Form small patties.
- Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick pan and cook the patties for 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and transfer onto a serving dish.
- Serve hot, warm or cold with a green salad.
(using ½ tsp salt in recipe)
Per Serving: 518 cal, 22 gm protein, 82 gm carb, 12 gm Fat, 10 gm Fiber, and 223 mg sodium.
Author: Eating Well