4 to 6
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1½ cups cooked and chilled quinoa
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sliced jicama (if you don’t know what this is, ask your produce person! You will need to cut off the skin before slicing it, and it adds a great crunch!)
- ½ cup walnut halves & pieces, toasted (or not toasted)
- ⅔ cup Feta cheese crumbles (if you like feta; I personally leave this out)
- ½ cup roasted red peppers, sliced (check the pickled section)
- Chipotle Ranch dressing (I buy the 365 brand; it complements the other ingredients and renders a great flavor!)
- 3 cups washed and dried spinach
- To prepare corn, take 2 ears corn, grilled in husk, then cut free from cob (sometimes I just heat frozen corn!)
- To prepare quinoa, boil with 2:1 water to quinoa, just like rice
- Gently toss corn, cooked quinoa, black beans, jicama, walnuts, feta cheese and roasted peppers together with about ⅔ cup dressing in a large bowl.
- Arrange spinach on a large platter and top with quinoa mixture.
Author Julie Lanford MPH, RD, CSO, LDN from Whole foods
Approx per 1 cup | 553 kcal, 31 gm protein, 83 gm carb, 12 gm fat, 10 gm fiber, and 915 mg sodium