Serving Size 1 Muffin
- 2 cups washed vegetables, diced( ex. broccoli, peppers, onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, or spinach)
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 garlic powder
- 1/2 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Add chopped veggies to the muffin tin.
- Beat eggs in bowl, stir in salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour eggs into muffin tin and bake 20-25 minutes. To add cheese, remove the tin from the oven during the last three minutes of baking. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the muffins and return the tin to the oven.
- Bake until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees or a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Meal Idea: Serve extras in tortillas or with a green salad and roll.
Nutritional Information per serving. 100 calories, 6 g total fat, 215 mg cholesterol, 230 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 9 g protein