• 4 lbs beef roast (chuck, sirloin or rump)
• 2 cans Campbells french onion soup
• 2 cans Low sodium beef broth
• 1 bottle or can Guinness beer (or another dark beer)
• 2 Tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1 tsp black pepper
• sliced mushrooms, optional
• 16 small French rolls
• butter, softened
• mozzarella cheese, grated (optional)
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Add soup, broth, beer, kitchen bouquet, garlic and onion powders, pepper and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Take meat out an hour or so before serving and slice against the grain. Put meat back into the slow cooker to absorb the juices.
- Fill heated rolls with meat, reserving the juices (jus).
- Dish jus into individual bowls.
- Dip sandwiches into jus and enjoy!
Per Serving: 310 calories, 22 grams protein, 29 grams carbohydrate, 11 grams fat, 642 mg sodium
Recipe adapted from Nancy Miyasaki at www.cookeatshare.com