Servings Per Recipe:
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh basil, thinly sliced
- nutritional yeast, as desired
- Put vegetable broth, garlic, and tomatoes into a 2 1/2 quart saucepan.
- Simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add basil, reserving a few leaves for garnish.
- With an immersion blender, blend soup until pureed. You can also use a regular blender, just be careful not to burn yourself.
- Garnish with fresh basil and nutritional yeast.
Processing tomato products enables the phytochemical lycopene to be bioavailable. Although lycopene has been studied with regard to prostate health, no conclusive evidence exists at this time.