This Two Ingredient Sweet Potato Ice Cream Recipe is quick and easy to make – no churn required! Made with mashed sweet potato and banana, with optional spices to make it taste like pie in ice cream form!
Prep Time: 10 minutes (2-hour cool time)
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1-2 servings
- 1 large sweet potato, or 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- honey or maple syrup (optional, for drizzling)
- Wash sweet potato, pierce with a fork, and cook on high for 6-8 minutes, or until tender. Let cool to touch.
- Scoop flesh out of potato, and transfer to a small bowl.
- Mash with vanilla and cinnamon if using.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container with a lid and freeze sweet potato at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice banana, and freeze at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once frozen, add potato and banana to a food processor or high-powered blender, and blend until smooth.
- Top with additional cinnamon and maple syrup or honey if desired, and serve for a soft-serve texture, or freeze until firmer for hard ice cream texture.
- You can also replace the cinnamon with 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice for some extra fall flavor.
- Stir in chopped walnuts or pecans for some extra texture.
- Use a silicone mat or mold, or line your container with parchment paper before freezing sweet potato for easier removal.
AUTHOR: Sinful Nutrition