This salad is simple to make and versatile—eat it alone, in a wrap or pureed into a tasty chickpea spread!
Serving Size: ⅙ of recipe
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup diced tomato
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or ¼ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-size bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Refrigerate for several hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Serve the salad on romaine lettuce leaves or in whole-wheat pita bread pockets.
You can also puree the salad in a food processor to make a chickpea spread.
Calories: 76; Total Fat: 3g; Saturated Fat: 0.5g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 122mg; Total Carbohydrate: 11g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Protein 2.5g.