A delicious vegetarian recipe that any avid meat eater will devour! It is so flavorful and comes together in only 15 minutes.
- 3 medium-large baked sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper. sliced
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté an additional one minute.
- Add remaining vegetables, steak seasoning and dried parsley.
- Sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes or until peppers are softened.
- Stir in cream cheese and mozzarella cheese and combine with vegetable mixture until completely melted.
- Slice open sweet potatoes and fill each with 1/3 of mixture.
- Top with more parsley and enjoy!
Author: D. Nelson Nutrition