- 6 egg whites
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes sliced
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. water
- Optional: 2 tbsp. shredded cheese
- Heat skillet to medium heat and add oil. Add in garlic, red cabbage, bell pepper, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes. Cook until cabbage and bell peppers are tender.
- Toss in spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and transfer veggies to a small bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites, water, and a pinch salt and pepper until frothy. Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Add half of the egg whites to skillet, swirling to evenly cover the bottom of the pan. Cook until set, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Using a rubber scraper lift the eggs up and let the runny uncooked egg flow underneath.
- Spoon half of the veggie mixture onto half of the omelet, sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese (if desired), fold over, and slide onto a serving plate. Repeat with remaining egg whites and veggie mixture.
Per Serving: Calories 158, Carbohydrate 10g, Fat 7g, Protein 13g, Saturated Fat 1g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 5g