Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: None
Total Time: 5 minutes
About 8 (1 serving is 2 tbsp.)
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup of walnut halves
- 1-2 small garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 oz. parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- 3-4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp. warm water
(Adjust spices per taste preference)
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Toss all ingredients in a food processor and a small bit of the olive oil.
- Process until the mix is smooth. You may need to stop the processor to scrape the sides.
- Gradually add the rest of the olive oil and process until everything is blended well. You can add a bit more olive oil or warm water for a creamier consistency.
- You can store the pesto sauce in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- For best results, use a food processor rather than a blender.
A few ways I love to use my Spinach-Walnut Pesto sauce are:
- On my breakfast toast
- As a spread for sandwiches or wraps
- Dallop onto soups
- Toss into pasta or even veggie noodles like zoodles
- Spread some onto baked chicken, salmon, or tofu for a quick dinner
- As a sauce base for homemade pizza
Author: Huma Naz