A cool, refreshing treat for the unbearably hot months of summer. The melon flavor really shines!
Yield Makes 8 Granitas
Servings Size 1 Granita
- 1/2 whole Seedless Watermelon, Cut Into Chunks (rind Discarded) (about 8 Cups Of Chunks)
- 2 whole Limes, Juiced
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- Place half the watermelon, half the lime juice, and half the sugar in a blender. Process until smooth, then pour into a separate bowl.
- Repeat with other half of ingredients. Pour into same bowl as other batch.
- Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Freeze for two or three hours, then begin the process of lightly scraping the top, frozen layer. Return pan to freezer with the shaved ice on top; remove a couple of hours later and continue scraping. Repeat the occasional scraping process until the entire mixture is shaved. Store covered in plastic wrap until serving.
- Optional: Serve in pretty glasses with a twist of lime.
Per serving: 78 calories, 1 gm protein, 0 gm fat, 20 gm carbohydrate, 2 mg sodium
Author: Ree | The Pioneer Woman