As described by our ﬁshmonger, this is the quickest, easiest extremely delicious dish you can make! It is truly Mediterranean.
TOTAL TIME 10 minutes
YIELD 6 servings
SERVING SIZE 1/6 recipe
2 pounds white ﬁsh, such as haddock or cod
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling, for taste
2 tablespoons dry white wine
Juice of 1 lemon, and an additional lemon for serving
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
1-2 teaspoons dried herbs of choice — tarragon or thyme
2 teaspoons capers (optional)
- Pat the ﬁsh dry and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil over medium to medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the ﬁsh and squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over the ﬁsh, along with the white wine.
- Add dried herbs of choice.
- Cook 1 ½ to 2 minutes per side (more if using a thicker piece of ﬁsh) adding capers if you choose.
- Serve immediately with chopped fresh parsley a lemon quarter for each person.
Nutrition: 170 calories, 27 gm protein, 6 mg fat, and 370 mg sodium per serving.
An Oldways recipe and photograph, created in Partnership with The Peanut Institute peanut-institute.org