This easy banana ice cream is a great healthy dessert or snack. Kids and adults love this NICE cream and it’s a great recipe for using up brown bananas!
- 4 large very ripe bananas (frozen at least 2 hours ahead)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- Peel bananas and slice into 1/2 inch discs. Arrange banana slices in a single layer on a large plate or baking sheet. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Place the banana slices in a food processor or powerful blender. Puree banana slices, scraping down the bowl as needed. Puree until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Add the peanut butter and puree to combine. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream consistency. If you prefer harder ice cream, place in the freezer for a few hours and then serve.
- *Note-if you have a hard time creating a creamy consistency, you can add 1-2 tablespoons of milk to help puree the banana slices. Make sure you use a powerful food processor or blender!
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 38mg | Potassium: 474mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 76IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod