TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
YIELD: 6 servings.
I roast veggies to bring out their sweetness, and it works wonders with onions and cabbage. The piquant vinegar-mustard sauce makes this dish similar to a slaw. —Ann Sheehy, Lawrence, Massachusetts
- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), coarsely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Place cabbage and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan, spreading evenly. Roast until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 30-35 minutes, stirring halfway.
- 2. Transfer cabbage mixture to a large bowl. Add chives and tarragon; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve warm or at room temperature.
From Taste of Home