Just 3 simple ingredients! This decadent Chocolate Dip recipe is terrific served warm, as a fondue for parties or an indulgent dessert for romantic dinners. But it’s also fantastic for dipping at room temperature, too — ideal for sharing at picnics and potlucks!
Yield: 10 servings
(About 1 1/4 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup fat free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Place 1 cup chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and coconut oil in a medium-sized, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for approximately 1 1/2 minutes (the exact timing can vary slightly depending on the power and wattage of your microwave).
- Stir until completely smooth and well-incorporated. (Do not microwave again. Just use the heat from the warmed chocolate mixture to continue melting the entire mixture.)
- Once the warmed chocolate mixture is smooth, stir in the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips and continue stirring until they’re melted, and the dip is thickened and entirely smooth.
- Serve immediately as a fondue / warm molten lava dip, or allow to come to room temperature, and serve with fruit, graham crackers, or other dippers (see additional serving ideas in post above).
Make-ahead tips: This Chocolate Dip can easily be made a day or two ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. If you’d like to serve it as a warm molten lava dip or fondue, gently rewarm it in the microwave until it’s the desired consistency. Be sure to check it and stir it very frequently while rewarming, so it doesn’t scorch during reheating. If you prefer to serve this dip at room temperature, take it out of the refrigerator a little before serving (since it’s a bit too thick straight out of the fridge for easy dipping). It’ll return to a perfect dipping consistency as it sits.
Per Serving: Calories: 144: Total Fat: 8g (Saturated Fat: 5g,Trans Fat: 0g ):4mg Sodium: 16 gm Carbohydrates: Protein: 2g