Inspired by the classic Colombian treat buñuelos, these fritters are made with feta cheese and are baked in a donut hole pan instead of fried.
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups feta cheese
- 1 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Coat a 12-hole donut hole pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine feta, cornstarch, tapioca starch, sugar, eggs, salt and butter.
- Knead dough with clean hands until cornstarch and tapioca starch are mixed throughout.
- Knead baking powder into dough.
- Roll into 12 balls and place in the prepared donut hole pan.
- Mist tops of fritters with cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes, flip each fritter and bake an additional 4 minutes, or until fritters are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Let cool in pan before serving.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 139 calories, 6g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 45mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 5g sugar, 3g protein, N/A potassium, N/A phosphorus