- 2 cups rolled oats (can use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly grease or line a muffin tin with liners.
- Place dry ingredients (oats, flaxseed, spices, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a blender. Blend into a powder.
- Add wet ingredients (pumpkin, yogurt, eggs, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla) to the blender. Blend until smooth. You may have to stop and scrape the batter down or use the stirring wand if your blender has one. The batter will be thick.
- Add walnuts to the batter and stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into muffin tin using a large scoop or a measuring cup (about 1/4 cup per muffin). Sprinkle with additional walnuts (optional).
- Bake muffins at 375° F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool slightly (for at least 5 minutes) before removing muffins to a cooling rack.
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They won’t stay good long on the counter due to the low sugar content and high moisture.
*This recipe will be gluten-free if gluten-free oats are used.
Recipe from www.livelytable.com