Broccoli Kale Lasagna
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 serving
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 T.olive oil, plus more for baking pan
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 T.minced fresh garlic
- 3 C. chopped broccoli, mushrooms, and red or orange bell peppers
- ½ t. salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 C. part-skim ricotta cheese or tofu ricotta
- 2 C. chopped fresh kale
- 3 C. tomato sauce
- 12 uncooked oven-ready whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with olive oil.
- Heat the 1 T. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the vegetables and sauté until tender, for 5 to 8 minutes more. Set aside.
- Whisk the salt and the egg into the ricotta cheese and stir in the chopped kale.
- Pour approximately ½ C. of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the prepared baking pan.
- Top with four lasagna noodles, ½ C. of the ricotta mixture, half of the vegetables, and ¾ C. of sauce. Repeat for another layer. Top the pan with the remaining noodles, remaining sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 10 minutes more, or until the cheese on top is bubbly.