Author: Craving Something Healthy
- 1 piece whole wheat lavash flatbread sprayed with cooking oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless seasoned chicken breast grilled or roasted
- 4 cups Mixed baby greens, or purchased bag of chopped kale salad
- 3/4 cup black or red grapes
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios these can be purchased already shelled
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1-2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 ounces blue cheese crumbled
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Heat the grill or a large skillet or griddle to high heat, and toast the flatbread for about 1-2 minutes on each side, until it just starts to turn golden in spots. Remove it from the heat and let it cool while you prepare the salad.
- Slice the chicken breast into slices or bite-sized pieces. Place it in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients and toss everything together.
- In a large measuring cup, mix together all of the salad dressing ingredients and whisk well to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Pour about half the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Add additional dressing if desired, or store any leftover salad dressing in a jar in the refrigerator.
- Cut the bread into 4 strips.
- Portion the salad into 2 bowls. Serve 2 strips with each salad.