Snack smart with these gluten-free, plant-based Cranberry Pistachio Granola Bar Squares!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 16 squares
Serving Size: 1 square
Calories per serving: 100
Fat per serving: 4.5 grams
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten free if needed)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped (30g or about 47 nuts)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 cup whole grain puffed rice cereal (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter (no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8×8 or 9×9 square brownie pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- On a baking sheet (preferably with a rim) combine oats, pumpkin seeds and flaxseed.
- Bake for about 3 minutes, then add pistachios and continue baking for an additional 2-3 minutes. Watch closely, the nuts will burn if overcooked!
- Remove oat mixture from the oven and place in a large bowl.
- Add cranberries and puffed rice cereal, toss, and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla, and salt.
- Cook over medium low heat while stirring gently until bubbly, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture.
- Stir well with a large spoon or spatula until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to the square pan and press with a spatula until mixture is flat and even.
- If desired, melt white or dark chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the top.
- Refrigerate until cool and firm, approx 45 minutes to an hour.
- Cut into 16 squares and store covered in the refrigerator.
Source: Yummly Rich Recipes