Yield: 8 (serving size: about ¾ cup)
True to its name, this is a very creamy and rich traditional-flavored potato salad. Serve at your next cookout and wait for the rave reviews. It’s quick to make; the only chopping is potatoes and green onions and you can combine the dressing while the potatoes cook.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat canola mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Make It
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan; cover with cold water to 2 inches above potatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and gently simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain potatoes; cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add potatoes; toss gently to coat. Combine mayonnaise and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk. Add potatoes; toss gently to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Don’t leave out of refrigerator for more than 2 hours.
- Calories 148, Fat 5.7g, Protein 3.2g, Carbohydrate 22g, Fiber 2.3g, Sodium 301mg
Recipe by Cooking Light (May 1989)