Delicious and rich in flavor, infused with herbs, this easy homemade tomato sauce is made from fresh tomatoes in just 15 minutes. Use it as tomato base on a pizza, as a pasta sauce, or serve alongside meat. It’s quick, fresh, fragrant and sweet, but without added sugars.
- 2 – 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Put whole tomatoes in boiling water and cook for 1 minute until you see the skin starting to wrinkle and split.
- Remove tomatoes from boiling water and plunge them into cold water.
- Drain tomatoes and strip the skins from the tomatoes.
- Chop tomatoes into small pieces. Transfer to a saucepan and add olive oil. Boil the tomatoes, and then reduce the heat to medium heat.
- Cook tomatoes for 15 minutes until they are completely soft and until the liquid is reduced. Stir occasionally with a fork for chunky sauce.
- When finished cooking, stir in spices and salt. Cook for another 1-2 minute.
- Transfer the hot sauce to sterilized clean glass jar and close the lid. Keep refrigerated and use it within a week.
Author Natalie | Natalie’s Food & Health