- 4 medium ears fresh corn, husked, or 10 oz. frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thin strips orange bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil for garnish
- Cut corn kernels from cobs to get 2 cups.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the corn, bell pepper, and onion. Cook, stirring, until the bell pepper and onion are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad warm or chilled. (Before chilling, drain the vegetables.) Sprinkle with basil before serving, if desired.
Per serving: 104 calories; 3 g fiber; 21 g carbohydrates; 3 g protein; 0 mg cholesterol; 8 g sugars; 155 mg sodium; Carbohydrate Servings: 1½
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable