- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 cup diced fresh strawberries
- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, diced
- For cinnamon chips, preheat oven to 400°F. Combine sugar and cinnamon in a shaker. Use a wet paper towel to dampen the tortillas; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Using a pizza cutter, cut each tortilla into 8 wedges. Place on a pizza stone or baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove and cool completely.
- Meanwhile for salsa, add sugar, lime zest and lime juice to a mixing bowl and combine with a whisk. Add the diced fruits and mix gently. Serve with cinnamon chips.
Yield: 2 cups salsa and 32 chips, 16 servings of 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 chips
Nutrition: Approximately 80 calories and 1 gram of fat per serving
One can (15 or 16 ounces) peaches in juice, drained and chopped, may be substituted for the fresh peaches, if desired.
Experiment with any other fruits of your choice (mango, pineapple, raspberries, etc.) for a new twist on this delicious treat.
Recipe modified from pamperedchef.com
Beth Beckett and Mary Beth Peiffer, oncology dietitians at the Nassif Community Cancer Center show how to make this recipe!