- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- ½ medium seedless watermelon, peeled and cut into 3-inch or larger pieces
- 15 strawberries
- 2 to 3 peaches or nectarines, halved
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil (optional)
- Skewer strawberries onto wooden presoaked or metal skewers.
- Pat all cut fruit dry with paper towels.
- Preheat lightly greased grill to high.
- Lightly brush fruit with olive oil.
- Place fruit on a hot grill and cook until seared with grill marks.
- Remove, season with salt and pepper, and cool slightly before cutting into desired size.
- While fruit cools, prepare dressing.
- Place blackberries, honey, vinegar, and oil in a blender. Purée. Add water if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle over fruit or serve dressing on the side.
Makes 6 cups.
Nutrition per cup: 186 calories, 2 gm protein, 10 gm fat, 26 gm carbohydrate, 5 mg sodium