- 8 ounces whole-grain macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon trans fat-free butter spread
- 1 tablespoon whole-wheat flour
- 10 ounce bag (2 cups) cubed frozen butternut squash, thawed
- 2 ounces (½ cup packed) reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Sea salt, to taste
Before you begin: Wash your hands.
- Boil noodles according to directions. Drain and reserve 2 cups pasta water.
- In pot over medium heat, cook butter spread with flour for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in 1 cup pasta water.
- Add squash and cook/mash until smooth. (Note: Add more pasta water as needed for a smooth cheese-like consistency.)
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Fold in cooked noodles until combined and season with salt.
Per Serving: Calories: 300; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2.5g; Trans Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 10mg; Sodium: 290mg; Total Carbohydrate: 53g; Dietary Fiber: 6g; Sugars: 2g; Protein: 13g.