- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- Optional topping: rolled oats
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover bowl with cling wrap for 8-24 hours (ideally 12 hours) at room temperature.
- On a floured surface, shape dough into a round loaf. Let rest for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Sprinkle rolled oats on top.
- Bake 20 minutes covered with foil. Then bake uncovered for additional 10-15 minutes until golden.