- 12 oz. good quality whole grain linguine or pasta of choice, i.e. Barilla
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 12 oz. cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12-24 fresh basil leaves (1 plastic container from produce section)
- 1 ½ Tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth or water
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, combine linguine, onion, tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic, red pepper flakes and broth or water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook, stirring often, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 7-8 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings. Nutrition per serving: 420 calories, 70 gm carbohydrate, 14 gm protein, 11 gm fat