Spice Mix Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- [2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Turkey Filling Ingredients
- 1½ pounds turkey breast cutlets
- 1 (15¼-ounce) can no-salt-added corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14½-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2¼ cups (530 milliliters) water, divided
- 1½ cups dry brown rice
Taco Toppings Ingredients
- 1¾ cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (about 1 large) avocado, chopped
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup nonfat, plain Greek yogurt
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, onion powder, oregano and sea salt. Place turkey in a single layer in slow cooker vessel.
- Sprinkle spice mix on top of turkey. Layer corn, diced tomatoes and black beans on top of turkey. Pour 1½ cups water on top of turkey and vegetables. Cook in slow cooker on high for 3 hours.
- Add brown rice and remaining ¾ cup water. Stir to mix ingredients. Cook on low for 2 hours.
- Before serving, mix filling with a fork, breaking cooked turkey into small pieces. Serve as a taco bowl with tomato, avocado, cheese and Greek yogurt. Serves 7.
PER SERVING: CALORIES 428; TOTAL FAT 8g; SAT. FAT 2g; CHOL. 49mg; SODIUM 360mg; CARB. 53g; FIBER 9g; SUGARS 3g; PROTEIN 37g; POTASSIUM N/A; PHOSPHORUS N/A