Yield: 1 Sandwich
Servings Size: 1 Sandwich
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red tomato
- 1 yellow pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fat free cream cheese
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup arugula
- Slice the the zucchini and yellow pepper lengthwise. Slice the tomatoes.
- Mix the olive oil with the salt and pepper. Brush with it lightly on the vegetables and slides of bread. Grill vegetables and bread lightly.
- Thinly chop the basil and mix it with cream cheese.
- Spread the cream cheese on one side of each slice of bread.
- Slice the fresh mozzarella and make the sandwiches, stacking on top of each slice of bread the cheese and the vegetables and topping it with the arugula. Serve warm.
Serve with green salad or chicken Caesar salad.
Amount Per Serving Calories 231 | Total Fat 10.9g | Saturated Fat 3.6g | Trans Fat 0.0g | Sodium 537.7mg | Cholesterol 18.5mg | Total Carbohydrate 25.5g | Dietary Fiber 4.4g | Sugars 5.9g | Protein 13.3g Vitamin A 17% | Vitamin C 158% | Calcium 42% | Iron 21%