Author Beautiful Eats & Things
- 3-4 green tomatoes that will yield 12 slices
- ½ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 egg whites
- Set oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour and seasonings, making sure that all seasonings are distributed evenly. Set aside.
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl. Dip each tomato in the egg white and then in the flour mixture. Be sure to lightly coat both sides.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake for approximately 10 min on each side. Tomatoes should have a light brown crust on each side.
- If you want crisper tomatoes, bake for an additional 3-5 minutes on each side. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information for 1 tomato: Calories 26, Fat 1g, Carbohydrates 5g, Protein 1g