Looking for a delicious, simple, healthy dessert? Look no further! This Fruit Custard Pie with Pears is perfect – fruity, eggy, custardy deliciousness. I have to keep myself from eating the entire thing every time I make it! Feel free to swap out the pears for apples if preferred. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 3 pears unripe work best, halved and sliced ¼ inch thin
- ¼ cup maple sugar
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a pie dish or round tart pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Arrange pear slices, overlapping slightly, around the pie dish. Two circles should be adequate.
- Place maple sugar, flour, vanilla, eggs, milk, and salt in a blender and process until smooth. Slowly add melted butter while blending. Pour batter over pears in the dish.
- Bake until golden brown, ~40-45 minutes. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, crème fraiche, or plain Greek yogurt
Author: Abbie Gellman