Try out this tasty recipe, easy and yummy!
- 3 pounds Idaho Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered OR 6 cups left-over mashed potatoes.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil over high then reduce heat to medium and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain off water, mash the potatoes, and allow to cool.
- In a small saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat until tender. Add sautéed onion, the cracker crumbs, salt, and pepper to mashed potatoes; mash mixture.
- With your hands, roll mixture into balls and place potato balls on prepared baking sheet. Brush with egg yolk and bake 40 to 45 minutes, or until golden and crusty.
Recipes are from Mr. Food.