Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large button mushrooms
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 slices turkey bacon
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/8- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Coat a small pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and add the onions.
- Sauté on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the cooked quinoa, broth and garlic powder and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, let cool a bit, then transfer to a small bowl and then stir in the cream cheese.
- Place the mushrooms on a baking sheet and divide/add the filling to them.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until starting to brown.
- Remove from oven top with parmesan cheese, and bake for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly toasted.