PREP TIME: 25 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
SERVING SIZE: ½ cup (60 grams)
- 1½ pounds mustard greens
- ¼ cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 milliliters) olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1½ teaspoons Madras curry powder
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes with salt, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cup diced scallions
- Wash, destem and roughly chop mustard greens.
- Place peanuts in a 12-inch skillet set over medium heat. Toss peanuts and cook until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and curry powder and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add greens to the pan, toss carefully and cook until they begin to wilt, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir in scallions and toasted peanuts and cook for 1 minute. Serve warm.
NUTRITION PER SERVING: 87 calories, 5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 357mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 3g sugar, 4g protein, 589mg potassium, 66mg phosphorus