Tandoori Chicken Skewers Recipe
3 boneless chicken breasts (about 2½ pounds)
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon cardamom
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups shredded lettuce
2 limes, cut in wedges
½ cup chopped mint leaves, for garnish
- Cut chicken in 1½-inch pieces. Place in a medium bowl.
- Combine the yogurt and lime juice in a small bowl with ginger, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cardamom, cayenne pepper, cloves and salt. Stir to mix well. Pour yogurt mixture over the chicken and toss gently with a large spoon to coat chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight to marinate chicken.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade; discard remaining marinade. Thread chicken on skewers and brush with vegetable oil.
- Place chicken skewers on medium-high grill. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, turning to cook thoroughly.
- To serve, arrange grilled tandoori chicken skewers over lettuce. Garnish with lime wedges (to squeeze over chicken) and mint leaves.
Calories: 270; Calories from fat: 110; Total fat: 12g; Saturated fat: 2g; Trans fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Sodium 170mg; Total carbohydrate: 7g; Dietary fiber: 1g; Sugars: 3g; Protein: 33g