Taco Salad in a Jar Recipe
Prep time 30 mins
- • 1 lb. 93% Lean ground beef or 1 package of Tofu
- • 3 tbsp. taco seasoning *see recipe* on cancerdietitian.com for a DIY version
- • 1 head of lettuce
- • ¼ cup onion diced
- • 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- • ½ cup of black olives sliced
- • 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- • 1 avocado
- • 6 oz. Greek yogurt
- • 1 cup corn
- • 1 cup black beans
- • 1 cup salsa
- Brown beef or tofu.
- Add taco seasoning and mix. Set pan aside and allow it to cool.
- If serving as a salad to eat immediately, place all ingredients in a large bowl.
- If your meal prepping this, add a layer of each topping to the Mason jar, adding the meat only once cooled completely. Use 4 large jars for this recipe.
- I suggest this order (putting in the jar first to last, or bottom to top): salsa, Greek yogurt, avocado, meat, onion, tomatoes, olives, cheddar cheese, and lettuce.
- Serve with corn or whole grain tortillas, or topped with tortilla chips!